More and more enterprises today are moving to centralised and cloud-based business applications – meaning that the need to access fast, reliable and secure connectivity is a number one priority for IT teams when establishing a new location.
Getting connected from day oneMost enterprises use fixed lines as their primary form of connectivity, so when they establish a new branch location – for example, a new retail store – they will naturally plan fixed line infrastructure in to the development. Yet in most cases, even when pre-ordered months in advance, new sites can be left waiting for their fixed line connection due to long lead times on installation.
In many cases organisations can also overlook pre-ordering and only request an install mere weeks before the location needs to go live, putting the site under instant pressure as the necessary infrastructure simply cannot be put in place this quickly.
Time is moneyDelays in getting connected means that new locations cannot operate at full capacity; cut off from their core network, construction sites cannot access and update essential information such as CAD drawings, retail and restaurant sites cannot process transactions, and so on. It all means inefficient operations, and huge costs to the business as a result
Enter LTE: Rapidly deployed, reliable, secure and fastBy implementing a mobile networking solution new locations can get connected from day one. LTE can provide a powerful, rapidly deployed connectivity solution for temporary connectivity in any situation – enabling locations to work at maximum capacity regardless of fixed line delays. Some examples include:
Instant connectivity for construction sites
Westbase Technology provide ruggedised mobile networking solutions which can withstand the tough environment of a construction site to deliver fast, secure connectivity from the very start of the project build. Portable in its nature it also enables the site to move their cabins to the optimal position as the site develops – something limited by a fixed line.
Immediate connections for retail stores and restaurants
Retailers and restauranteurs spend months preparing and marketing new openings but if fixed line installation is delayed this means potentially thousands lost in sales revenue, damage to the brand reputation, and countless other losses. A Westbase LTE networking solution solves this problem by instantly delivering connectivity that is fast and reliable enough to power mission critical applications, so that new locations can open their doors on time.
Improve resilience by converting to failoverOnce the fixed line has been installed, the cellular solution can seamlessly integrate with your wired connectivity to improve the location’s resilience. By converting to a failover solution, it can help to keep the location online if and when the primary connection fails – extending its lifetime value even further.
Pop-up connectivity for temporary locationsAs well as providing a rapid solution for sites where fixed line installation is delayed, a 3G/4G connection can also provide pop-up connectivity for temporary locations where it isn’t readily available. Be this a pop-up restaurant or shop, exhibition stand or outdoor event, a mobile networking solution can instantly deliver fast, secure and reliable connectivity to any location – then be easily moved to a new location as and when it’s required.
Cutting the wire permanentlyThe development of product solutions that benefit from multiple cellular connections, combined with the evolution of LTE, means that 3G/4G networking is now a true alternative to fixed line. Because of the ability to use multiple operators in a single device solution, resilience is inherent – allowing organisations to “cut the wire” permanently and use cellular for their primary connectivity.
Simple to manageWestbase 3G/4G networking solutions are all cloud-managed, enabling central IT resources to remotely configure, manage and monitor all devices in the estate. With advanced features available, IT teams can easily extend corporate policies and practices to the edge of the network.
The Importance of Day One Connectivity
Run business-critical applications such as Point of Sale
Access centralised and cloud-based systems, databases and applications
Run at full capacity, improving efficiencies and reducing costs
Provide connectivity services needed by employees and expected by customers
The Benefits of Using Cellular for Rapid Connectivity
No extended lead times; deploy within days instead of weeks and months
Simple installation for plug and play connectivity services
Supports all necessary applications and extends the corporate network securely
Minimised disruption and downtime by delivering a reliable connectivity solution from day one
Can be converted to a valuable failover solution to improve business continuity
Cloud-managed for simplified monitoring and management
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR1100 is a rugged, intelligent managed 4G Wi-Fi router with powerful connectivity featur... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER 2100 is the ﬁrst in a new generation of cloud-managed 4G networking solutions that helps... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER3100 is the industry’s most robust cellular WAN management application system, and is the... Read More
- The Cradlepoint AER1600 is designed for the distributed enterprise to intelligently manage converged wired and... Read More
- With state-of-the-art global LTE coverage from the proven leader in LTE technology, the ES450 provides broadba... Read More
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- INSTANT INSIGHTS & INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT Proactive alerts and reporting enable you to better manage devices... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More
- Combined with Cradlepoint cloud-managed networking solutions, Zscaler Internet Security enables enterprises to... Read More
- Back office VPN concentrators are costly and time consuming to deploy. Fixed VPN ‘head end’ hardware solut... Read More