In order to improve employee safety and better protect assets, security solutions are becoming more intelligent and expanding beyond traditional static applications. With this, connectivity has become an essential requirement which demands more flexibility than fixed line alone can deliver. A 3G/4G networking solution however, can connect security applications in any location with ease.
CCTV MonitoringCCTV has always been a staple for improving site and building security, and its use has become more prominent. As enterprises expand their locations to new and sometimes remote places however, where fixed line is not readily available, a more flexible connectivity solution is required. Cellular can connect CCTV equipment in virtually any location and with 4G LTE speeds and network performance, can be used to remotely retrieve high quality footage quickly. A 3G/4G networking solution is also perfect for temporary CCTV deployments, such as construction sites or outdoor events.
Many enterprises employ third parties to manage their CCTV systems, but cannot allow external parties access to their primary network. In such situations cellular provides the perfect answer to connect the equipment – creating a separate network which the CCTV provider can use to remotely monitor and manage their systems, without interfering with the enterprise’s core network.
RFID and Asset TrackingRFID is a rapidly growing technology which offers many security benefits by improving an organisation’s asset tracking. By automating data collection, RFID reduces human effort and error – enabling organisations to more quickly and accurately locate and account for their assets.
RFID technologies are typically managed by a third party however, meaning they often cannot be connected over a location’s primary network for security reasons. Even in enterprise situations where the systems are managed in-house, RFID could potentially affect network performance by taking up bandwidth, so it’s still not ideal to connect it using existing infrastructure. By using a mobile networking solution, an “air-gapped network” can be created. Run in parallel to the primary network, it keeps it secure and dedicated for critical applications, while still connecting the RFID system.
In-Vehicle SecuritySecurity systems are no longer just fixed applications, and in-vehicle security is highly important to an organisation’s strategy to protect its employees and assets. Constantly on the move, mobile security equipment needs a completely flexible connectivity solution to enable remote monitoring and management.
Fleet vehicles carrying high security items now frequently feature in-vehicle and body worn CCTV equipment to better manage the risk associated with transporting such cargo. Other fleets also feature in-vehicle CCTV as a means of protection in potential insurance disputes where a personal injury or road traffic accident has occurred.
Using a 3G/4G networking solution, organisations can electively retrieve footage in critical situations where footage needs to be accessed quickly or the vehicle is prevented from returning to depot. For example, in theft instances remotely retrieved footage can be used to provide incident details to emergency services, assisting them in the recovery of assets or the vehicle.
In addition to this, a mobile connectivity solution can also support daily retrieval of footage over WiFi as WAN when the vehicle returns to depot – helping to reduce data costs.
Mobile Asset Tracking
The most valuable assets within a fleet of vehicles is the cargo they hold, be this expensive equipment for completing field work or goods for delivery. By integrating with third party asset tracking hardware and software, such as RFID, a 3G/4G connectivity solution can enable fleets to monitor their cargo while on-the-road for improved security and efficiency.
Remote System ManagementAs typically highly distributed estates, most security systems rely on remote management and monitoring. This means connectivity is essential to successful deployments. A 4G LTE networking solution provides a flexible, reliable connectivity solution perfect for enabling this.
- This product has now been discontinued. For a replacement product please see the new Sierra Wireless FX30.
... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR350 Series is an affordable, compact, high performance 3G gateway designed for mission ... Read More
- INSTANT INSIGHTS & INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT Proactive alerts and reporting enable you to better manage devices... Read More
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR650 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- Simplify and scale M2M operations with the Sierra Wireless AirLink Management Service (previously known as Air... Read More
- With its compact size and sleek metal case the Cradlepoint COR IBR600 provides 4G mobile broadband primary con... Read More
- This product is planned for discontinuation; last time buy will be 15th June 2016, with last delivery date on... Read More
- The Cradlepoint COR IBR900 routing platform fully supports Cradlepoint NetCloud Engine and the Extensibility P... Read More
- Simple to install and easy to manage, the Raven RV50 industrial gateway is designed to connect critical assets... Read More
- With intelligence that makes it quick to deploy and simple to manage, coupled with its ruggedised form factor ... Read More